Brief report regarding new HIV cases in NeLP countries in 2013 - Cyprus
Estimation of total number of people living with HIV: no data available
Data for 2013
- Number of people known to be living with HIV: 300
- Number of new HIV infections: 48 (data from 2012)
- % Associated with mother to child transmission (MTCT): 0%
- % Associated with heterosexual exposure: 8 (is this % or cases)?
- % Associated with people who inject drugs (PWID): no data available
- % Associated with gay men and other MSM: 40(% or cases)?
- % Other/not known: -
- % Late presenters:-
- Number of new AIDS cases: 4
- Gender: Male 30, Female 3
- Cases of death in AIDS patients: 3
- Main route of transmission: sexual transmission
- Number of people tested in the latest year reported: about 100
Anything else to add about new diagnoses?; Was there more or less diagnoses than usual?; Any trends? Were there any new locations or clusters?: In January 2014 we had 9 new incidents between the ages of 19 and 25.
Sources for this information: Ministry of Health